July 21, 2013

July Gossamer Blue...handmade journaling cards using Fancy Pants

Today I'm sharing a post that also went up over at the Gossamer Blue blog this week. I have some wonderful little creations for my Life Pages using all Fancy Pants products.So you all know I love to embellish journaling cards for my Life Pages. It was so easy to put together some fantastic pieces because the Fancy Pants kit items were just that good this month. Here I have a collection of 4 x 6 inserts, some are straight from the collection, some are fancied up with embellishments. The 4 x 6 Brag Pad from the July Bits & Pieces Kit is wonderful for Life Pages projects.
Here are a few that I embellished using tags from the July Bits & Pieces Kit and die cuts from the Fancy Pants Ephemera Pack in the  July Main Kit.  Looks like I used a few Project Life grid cards also. 
By layering, stitching and stapling I able to add so many fun elements, still leaving room for photos, journaling or my week # and dates. 
Now on to some 3 x 4 journaling cards.  I almost couldn't stop myself but alas the family likes to be fed and wear clean clothes at times.  For these inserts, I pulled various grid and pattern cards from my stash and then just started adding strips of patterned papers.  The kits were full of fun Fancy Pants 12 x 12 papers.  I used the backs and fronts to get lots of varied designs.  
The nice thing about these cards that I add to my stash is that they can be used all in one week to create a coordinated look or they can be spread through many weeks to create a mixy matchy look.  The designs and colors are clean and simple and fit into most of my color schemes.  
 Here I got wild and crazy and created some fun 3 x4 vellum pocket cards. Each pocket has some Fancy Pants tags tucked in, ready for use.  All I have to do is add another journaling piece or photo into the pockets.  I just love these.  
Here I have a fun mix of tags.....the aqua tag is actually sewn in place and will be a fun landing point for an additional embellishment, maybe a flair button.  The pink tag can be removed for journaling.  
 Here I used a fun die cut on the vellum.  Two tags are inserted into the pocket.  
And here I trimmed a little banner die cut to fit onto the vellum pocket.  A cute little tag is in the pocket. 
Since I couldn't stop myself, I finished up this fun crafty session with some final 3 x 4 cards.  I loved some of the patterned papers so much that I just trimmed down some scrap pieces. I can add embellishments to them later as needed. 
 Whew, I hope you enjoyed the results of a very fun day in the craft room.  Right now I currently am keeping this collection together in a Project Life 12 x 12 plastic pocket keeper.  I plan to knock out some Life Pages with them here soon in hopes of catching up on my pages.  Then when I deplete the stash enough I'll mix the cards into my existing stash.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Oh, and one final note..Gossamer Blue and Fancy are sponsoring a very special contest.  If you'd like to be a guest designer for both companies you might want to check out the contest details at this post.  


1 comment:

Sweetmemories said...

I love the stitching you do on your papers... and I bought a Singer hand stitcher, hoping that would be the answer for me! BUT... I have found it isn't a strong stitch (sometimes it doesn't cooperate at all)... most of the time it will stitch an inch and then dethread itself HAHA!

Anyway - have you always used a big sewing machine to do your creations? I do not sew, so... it may not be frugal, but I want to get this look at least 15% of the time I do a layout and I end up drawing stiching on or hand sewing (which take SOOOOOOOO long hahahaha)

any other ideas? or maybe I am just using the hand stitcher wrong (but I have found a lot of complaints about it online - so I don't think it's me :)

sam.

Related Posts with Thumbnails