May 17, 2013

Friday finds....

Last day of school...
Here we are, the last day of school!  I can remember that awesome feeling when that final bell rings and  you are out the door for Summer.  Can't wait to have my reds here the entire Summer.  It's going to be busy as I have a big Bucket List of projects to tackle, trips to take and things to do.  I'm so thankful to have such a great family to share it with.  

Dina Wakley art journal layering class...
I took a road trip last week for a one day class in Oklahoma City with a crafty friend.  It was awesome. Dina is awesome.  I'll share more in a full post, including the mini book I made and my thoughts on incorporating those techniques into my cards and scrapbooking.  Below are some pages in Dina's fantastic vintage ledger journal. 

Using your stash....
I'll be working soon on a post of my thoughts on how I've been creating lately.  I have some thoughts on keeping some staple items, using kit items and incorporating in vintage, found items.  I think you'll like this post.  
Shop items...
I finally carved a wee bit of time to work on a Project Life layout.  I was very happy with this little insert that uses my new glassine envelopes and sequins.  I've got lots of goodies in the shop that can be used on Project Life pages.  I'll be re-stocking the colored sequins soon & the neutral packs are still in stock.  

A recipe.....
I made this recipe for lunch yesterday.  All veggies & so good for you.  I loved it and I'm sure it will become a staple this summer.  You all know I love a good, refreshing Summer drink.  I'll be sharing my new favorite soon, once I get it perfected.  

And now you'll find me....
I'm outta here, folks.  We're picking up Jordy and a friend after school and we're headed to the Regionals track meet.  We need your prayers for Josey to make the top 4 so she can go to State in the 400 meter open.  I know she can do it!!  Later this weekend I'll be working in the flower beds.  Sunday is my birthday so I'm sure we'll head to the nurseries for a boat load of flowers, my favorite gift.  We might try some homemade pizzas on the smoker too.  Have a great weekend, everyone!  



5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great one. I love your blog for all the creativity and the way you record the special everday ordinary moments! Very refreshing. ps: I have 2 boys who are very active with sports and school (freshman and 6th) so I enjoy reading your "girl" version.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great one. I love your blog for all the creativity and the way you record the special everday ordinary moments! Very refreshing. ps: I have 2 boys who are very active with sports and school (freshman and 6th) so I enjoy reading your "girl" version.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday...wishing you a day filled with joy!!

Deirdre said...

Hi Michelle,

Hope you have a great birthday and that you're spoilt rotten!

Enjoy and thanks for all the inspiration, love your new ventures.

Ginny Larsen said...

love this update--happy birthday! i love trips to buy plants... the best part about spring in my opinion. i'm really excited to see more from day trip--love the picture you took!
best wishes for your summer and your new year ahead of you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails