December 13, 2012

Shop News.....

Hey everyone.  I've had some emails about my shop so I thought I better update here on the blog.  The shop will be closed for the holiday season.  We're very busy with basketball games, holiday preparations and my parents have been having some health issues.....so I decided it was a good time to spend more time with the family and take a little break.  

I'll be having a grand shop update in January so stay tuned.  I've thought long and hard about what route I want my shop to take....I've decided that I do my best when sticking with the handmade items.  I like the notion of "small shops" and am going to keep on doing what I do best.  
 I've taken some of this down time to research new products so be looking for lots of new items to the shop in 2013.  There are a lot of other small shops out there that put out some great products like stamps, printed items and other notions.  There's no need to reinvent the wheel and I love the idea of teaming up with other small shop owners.  So be looking for new kits with items from some other great small companies.
 One of the things I've discovered when working with these other small shop owners is that they are so willing to share and are very open to the idea of networking with others.  I think it's a great collaboration and I've very excited for what's to come.
I'm looking forward to carrying some unique products in my little shop.  I'll be catering to the card makers, those who love to create unique packaging and the scrapbookers out there.  I'll have the basics like I've always carried like tags and bags but be on the look out for some fun handmade items in limited quantities.

I hope you will join me in 2013 to make it the year of purchasing and creating handmade items.....shopping with small shops.....shopping local....shopping vintage and repurposed.... and finding unique items for your crafting needs.  I'm excited to take on this motto myself.  As a crafter of many years, I'm looking forward to revamping my crafty stash, zeroing in on products that are totally unique for my crafts and home..... and simplifying the process.

Thank you to all of you that have patronized my business this year.  I so appreciate each and every one of you.  Happy Holidays and here's to a very Happy New Year!

In blog news.....I'll be updating my blog with my first week of my Project + December pages very soon.  I'm finishing up some insert pages then I'll be good to go!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm excited to see what you have to offer next year! I always love shop update days!

libbywilko said...

Hope your parents are feeling better ASAP , knowing that you are there for them is a great help I'm sure.

cjgusloff57 said...

Enjoyed reading your thoughts on your shop and what direction you will take in the new year. I agree, if it "ain't broke, don't fix it." I am looking forward to what you will have to offer. Having been in two small shops myself, with my hand crafted items, I can say that I liked networking with other small shop owners. Now that I am retired from that, I like buying from small shops like yours. Good Luck!

Addie said...

Michelle, your approach to your business is so SMART! I absolutely love it that you identified a unique niche and are sticking to it,adding new partnership and idea directions that don't conflict with your style and approach. Kudos for not maxing out in all directions the big, glitzy, "think big" American corporate way. Your way of doing business perfectly matches your artistic style. By following your inner guide this way, all sorts of creative, unique doors will open for you! I'll be watching your store in 2013!

Susan Coan said...

Looking forward to seeing your shop in 2013!! Can't wait.

Dana said...

Looking forward to your shop update! Take care and enjoy your family this Christmas season!

Linda said...

Hope your folks are ok,and looking forward to shopping with you in 2013.

Unknown said...

I love your shop and I will be excited to see your items in 2013. I hope your parents get better soon, your family seems very close, so I know they have love and prayers surrounding them. Have a good weekend.--Diana Finlay.

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see your new pages. BTW...who won the Farm Girl giveaway?

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with in '13. You are so talented and always a leader in all things creative. I hope to try to do more hand made next year also. Have a wonderful holiday season with your family. Big Hugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails