December 4, 2012

Project Life 2012, Week 35

Edited for questions:  The "sweet life" sentiment on the Week 35 card is actually printed on the 4 x 6 card.  You can see that grouping of cards at Elle's Studio here. The "this week" stamp is from Studio Calico, I believe.  I can't find a link so I believe it has been retired.  

Hey there, today I'm sharing Week 35 of my Project Life album.  The girls had their first volleyball game and my nephew had his first football game of the season.  
This week I used a mix of products including October Afternoon Woodland Park, Amy Tangerine, PL journaling cards + Elle's Studio products. 

 Here I used an Elle's Studio 4 x 6 journal card with Washi tape, stickers + Woodland Park letter stickers to create my title card.  I added some typed journaling as just an overview of the week.
 A large manila parcel tag from my shop is layered with tags, a sticker border  and typed journaling.
 It was dress up day for the girls which we don't see very often.  This Amy Tangerine sticker worked nicely for this insert.
 My Week in Review card + a typed journaling card with Woodland Park stickers.
 More 3 x 4 journaling cards with stamps and Woodland Park sticker letters.
 I'm trying really hard to complete any inserts for the week at the same time I finish the weekly layout.   I'm going to continue this into next year as I love having all the scrapbooking done without any pages left to do as I look back in my albums.  I've really been able to get creative with some traditional scrapbooking so I think you'll enjoy seeing the mix of the PL pages + some traditional type scrapbooking too.

Here's a tip for those of you who have kids in sports.  The girls always get individual and team photos for each sporting event.  I have piles of these stacked up just sitting in the envelopes they came in.  They come in those cardboard frames and I just never knew how to incorporate them into my albums.  I decided to remove the photos from the cardboard and just insert them into my PL album as insert pages.  Here I placed the two 5 x 7 photos side by side and created a very simple 8 x 10 layout.
 This insert fits right in with the first week of volleyball games.  Below is the 8 x 10 group photo of the team which is the back side of the layout above. Pretty quick to complete so I think I will go back and do this with the rest of the school sports photos.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Project December update:
I'm taking photos and stockpiling some memorabilia daily.  I'll be updating my pages after a full week of photos have been taken instead of daily.  Since I'm used to doing my PL spreads this way, I'm just going to stick with what works.  So be looking for an update early next week.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I always loved and admired your project life, it's so pretty. I love the aqua colors. Just curious where you got the stamp Sweet life and Just Noted? Love them!

Unknown said...

Opps it's the This Week stamp, instead of Just noted.

becky said...

I so love your pages. I really like the banner journaling tag. I am so going to have ot "lift" that one!

Mary said...

Michelle, I just adore your PL layouts! They are always so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your process and creativity.

sam said...

Your PL pages are always so inspiring! I'm going to start one in 2013, can't wait :) really love your blog, thanks for sharing your creativity! I had a huge scrap dip but because of your blog I can't wait to start scrapping again, so a huge thank you! Are you going to scrap project life again in 2013?

Related Posts with Thumbnails