December 1, 2012

Project December...altering stickers with mists & stamps

Here comes December and that means that Daily December albums will be in full force.  All through November I posted inserts and other fun ideas that I'll be incorporating into my Project December....my Project Life combined with my Daily December pages.  I've got a few more fun inserts to show but I think I'll save those for when I update my weekly progress throughout December.  

Today I've got one last project to show you that I've added to my Project December product lineup.  I used some blank Studio Calico Mistables which are thick chipboard stickers covered with white canvas fabric.  You can see several Mistables varieties available at 2Peas, although I don't see the arrows that I used for today's project.  I also used Studio Calico's Mister Huey's spray mists along with a Hero Arts chalk ink pad.  The fun stripe stamp is a wood handled stamp from Gossamer Blue's December Daily 2012 kit.  So if you got that jam packed kit, here's something fun you can do with the stamp.  
Using the main colors of red, green and aqua + wood grain pattern which will be showing up in my December often a lot, I chose those elements to work with.  It seems that candy cane stripes are always showing up in my holiday projects.  What's not to love about a candy cane?
 Using my nonstick work mat, I placed each sticker down separately to work on the pieces one by one.  I stamped on grid patterns from a Studio Calico kit stamp, I misted on green and aqua Mister Huey mist.
 For the arrows that have divided colors and lines, I used a sticky note to mask off portions of the arrows.  Then I misted or stamped....or did both on the same arrow.  I added glitter to lots of the arrows and did several with brown ink and a wood grain stamp from My Mind's Eye.
These little holiday gems are all ready to be used on Christmas cards, Project Life inserts, regular scrapped layouts, gift wrap and more.  They can be stuck on with the adhesive just like a sticker or you can stitch or staple them too.  Can't wait to try to my red stitching over these.  Hope you give them a try!

Project December updates:
I'll be updating my Project Life + Daily December happenings weekly here on the blog.  I like to finish an entire week in one sitting so there won't be daily updates but rather a weekly update just as I've done in the past with my Project Life pages.  I'll be having plenty of other fun posts in December though so stay tuned.  I've still got a few Christmas cards to make so I'll be sharing those too.  So stay tuned.  :)

13 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

Michelle - these are awesome!

Kristy Hansen said...

what a cute idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with this month!

Unknown said...

Love watching what you are doing...you totally amaze me!! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Love watching what you are doing...you totally amaze me!! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I don't leave a great deal of remarks, but i did some searching and wound up here "Project December...altering stickers with mists & stamps". And I do have a few questions for you if it's
allright. Is it only me or does it look as if like some of the comments come across like
left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on other online sites,
I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you make a list of every one of all your shared sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
My weblog : piano lessons

Unknown said...

Oooh! These are fantastic!! I love how you made them so festive!

Unknown said...

Wow, what another great idea! I cannot wait to see your pages. I have started my album, I had taken several pictures last week putting up my tree, decorations, so I went ahead on Friday and made journaling cards and started the process. It already is making me happy and I know I will pull this out every year. There are so many fun, simple things we forget. I am loving the process.--Diana F.

lisa westphal said...

These are amazing!! I've been staring at my canvas stars wondering what to do to them...well now I know!! Thank you for so kindly sharing your awesomeness and helping a girl out! :) :) <3

lisa westphal said...

These are amazing!! I've been staring at my canvas stars wondering what to do to them...well now I know!! Thank you for so kindly sharing your awesomeness and helping a girl out! :) :) <3

julie e said...

Those arrows are amazing!

Julie S said...

Oh!!!! I've got some white stickers just sitting around. Off I go - love this!

Anonymous said...

At this time I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet
again to read other news.
My web site :: http://www.u2france.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails