December 20, 2012

Gifts for him....

Hey everyone, we got a little dusting of snow + some freezing rain so it's a snow day for the reds.  They are very excited to not have to take their final tests today.  

I'm back today to share a gift idea for the fellas.  Each year my husband orders these hot Cajun peanuts for his work.  They dump them into a big wheel barrow and customers and staff can help themselves.  He works with lots of contractors so so the fellas love the peanuts.  We started order 25 pounds for ourselves and package them up each year for gifts.  They're fun to hand out to guests, at the ballgames and to tuck into treat trays for family and neighbors.  

I package them up differently each year and for 2012 I dug out some plastic cone bags, twine, Washi tape, stamps, tags from my shop and some small printed Instagrams.  
I made a few different versions of the tags.  These below feature a stamped sentiment from the October Afternoon December holiday kit + some typing from my vintage typewriter.  I adhered my photo, added some Washi, stitched with that red stitching again and added a small wooden snowflake. Very manly, don't you think?
I make up 5 or so at a time until they're all handed out and then make a new version.
Here's a second version of the tag with some simple red stitching on the Washi, a stamped sentiment and a handwritten sentiment by me.
Very simple and easy because we all know that the men will probably ditch the tags and go straight for the peanuts!
Hope you're all snuggled in warm and safe, wherever you are.  Jordy and I made some Peppermint Pretzel Bark this morning and then I tossed a seasoned pork roast in the crock pot for some BBQ sandwiches with slaw for tonight.  I'm thinking a nice crackling fire is in order then some work for me.  :)

6 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love love love those tags! And your dinner sounds good too! Recipe please? :)

libbywilko said...

Yum, these look great Michelle !

Unknown said...

WOW! For me its perfect and I really like your idea. Good job!


Find out more: gifts for him

Melissa said...

Just darling Mish. Love all of your sweet, creative ideas. Merry Christmas...miss you!
Melis

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea. How do you print out your instagrams? I can't figure out how to do it and would love to.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, I LOVE these!!!!

please keep adding more of your instagrams to the shop in the upcoming year..... I so love picking these up for my crafty projects. you always have such a great eye for what makes a fun photo and I don't have the fancy phone or whatever it is that takes these cool pix. adore them!!

Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails