December 17, 2012

Gift wrap for her.....

So how are we all today? I sent my little Jordy back to school today.  She gets so tired when she gets sick.  I think her asthma just literally knocks the wind out of her.  I worry about my little chicklets...just as so many of you did today sending your little ones back to school. Even though my kids are high schoolers, a mama's heart is always with her children.  

But to brighten things up I have a fun gift wrapping session to share with you.  I just love the photo below....a sweet pile of girly gifts + a lot of fun, colorful wrap.  I truly love to gift wrap and I just want you to know that I'm planning so many fun kits & gift wrapping items for the shop next year.  I think the packaging of a gift just makes the present so much more meaningful.  
The girls always do a little gift exchange with some of their best girlfriends from school.  I love this tradition and look forward to it every holiday season.  So much so that the girls' gifts are my most favorite to search for and help wrap.  This year I shopped locally at Maurices, a favorite place the girls like to shop for clothes and accessories.  I picked out the gifts this year due to time constraints and I found these cute floral headbands and stretchy flower rings. They came to about $8.00 each with a buy one/get one 1/2 off sale + a $10 bonus coupon I had. I don't like to give junky gifts so I always hit a sale to find something of better quality.  Last year the girls gave these initial necklaces for gifts + Jordan did the gift wrapping.
I also found these adorable gift sacks at our local Bath & Body shop for $1.50 each.  Too cute to resist & I always like to find a little something special for these girly gifts.  They each came with a big piece of pink tissue paper + the pink gingham tag.  I added some silver Washi tape and some medium grey tags from my shop to the mix.  (Note:  My shop will be have a grand update in January so stay tuned.)
To fancy up the small tags and add a place for a to/from sentiment I taped the small pink tags to the larger grey tags.  I then used an October Afternoon December kit stamp on the grey tag. I just rounded the stamp and stuck it to my clear block.  I thought the silver lanes part went perfect with the gift sack photo + I tucked in a candy cane for each girl too.
I dug in my holiday stash and found these fun pom poms so I stuck them on with a dimensional tab.
Now I was ready for the girls to add the to/from sentiments.  By using a Bic/Sharpie type marker, the ink dries fast and doesn't smear on slick surfaces.
I tucked the gifts inside the tissue and then put the tissue in the sacks.  I tied up the pink ribbon with my tags hanging down in front.  I tucked in a candy cane and was good to go.
Eight little gift sacks all in a row.  What teenage girl wouldn't be giddy to receive a fun gift like this.  I know I would have loved it!  I had such a fun time dressing up these store bought sacks.
I think that why I love wrapping these girly gifts each year is that it's only ONE GIFT.  You get one shot to make a perfect presentation for that someone special.  So the hunt for a perfect gift (that is still rather inexpensive) + the perfect packaging is always an especially fun task.  I hope you enjoy!  Please join me here again tomorrow as I'll be showing a little something special for the fellas.

10 comments:

LMcBurney said...

Super cute! Just what I expect when I see one of your projects whether it is a card, scrapbook page, gift wrap, or whatever...you do such a great job! I am continually inspired. But your cards have an extra special place in my heart because I am a card maker. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Peggy Lee said...

What an adorable blog post today....I would love to be one of the girlfriends...just cause the packaging is simply fabulous...love it...Merry Christmas...

(it's so true about the packaging. went to a ladies Christmas party last night, and I wrapped it so pretty than mine stood out like eye candy from all the others-so bad I wanted it back.)lol

Melinda said...

Ooh, so pretty! I love it!

Yvonne..... said...

It's so fun to be a girl!! Love it! Merry Christmas!!

Linda said...

Too pretty to open. Lucky girls.

Pam said...

Love the way you dressed up the gift bags ! Very sweet !

Unknown said...

Wow, these are outstanding. I wouldnt want to open it, just look at it!! I am right there with you, it is amazing what can be done with creativity, it does not take a lot of money to really make a gift special. I secretely love it when my friends say they cant open my gifts (when I do treat bags amd Mish notebooks) b/c they are too pretty, they just want to look at the packaging. I love how you pulled these gifts together, just beautiful!-- Diana Finaly.

quiltpeg said...

Darling gifts for Jordy's friends! The first impression is so important and you nailed it with the tissue, bag and tag. So adorable.

Merry Christmas.

Pam said...

These are just darling! I love the sentiment you added to the tag. Actually, I love the tag period! Beautiful packaging.

Anonymous said...

Love the packaging. A cute or pretty tag does dress up the package. I know what you mean about the asthma. Both my grand children have it. Wishing you a very merry Christmas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails