October 18, 2012

October Afternoon Sketch Challenge with Lexi

Hey everyone, today I'm joining in with Lexi over at the October Afternoon blog.  She has a new sketch up and asked me to participate in creating a new project using it.  I chose to create a card based off of the sketch.  I love how sketches can be interpreted for any type of project you want to create, whether it be a scrapbook layout, a card, a notebook, etc.  

For my card, I used products from the October 9 to 5 collection.  I love anything with an old time-y office product feel and the 9 to 5 collection is just perfect and fun!  
I loved the 4 square grid element on Lexi's sketch.  It's the perfect place to use 4 different patterned papers, stickers, labels, tags or whatever little tidbits you have from a collection.  A grid design allows you get mixy matchy with product but yet they're all grouped together in a nice, uniform layout. For my squares I used papers from the 8 x8 Paper Pad, a sticker from the Word Stickers sheet, + the Day Washi Tape.  I tied it all up with a long length of black and white baker's twine.  
The little grouping of elements in Lexi's sketch allowed for the perfect little placement of more, tiny accents.  I used pieces from the Word Stickers sheet, + Designer Brads.  The strip of floral paper sewn along the right side of my card also follows Lexi's sketch.  I used a bracket punch to follow my office theme for the card.
The background of my card uses a page from a 1946 book called "The Silent Secretary", a cute little date book that I've been hoarding for some time.
Hope you enjoyed my take on the sketch.  Thanks for the challenge, Lexi!

You can find the October Afternoon 9 to 5 collection at 2Peas here.  Also the October Afternoon Witch Hazel Halloween line is 25% off right now, a perfect time to add items to your Halloween stash of goodies.

In my shop news, I've got my card kits on sale for 20% off + Halloween/Fall items are on sale too.

3 comments:

Yvonne..... said...

Hey Mish! Halloween is right around the corner. Hope you'll share some of your spooktacular projects you've got going on for the season. You always get me in the spooky crafting mood!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love the embellishments.

Linda said...

Cute cards, Michelle

Related Posts with Thumbnails