September 26, 2012

Cards as gifts...with pretty packaging

Back today with a fun tutorial on how I used finished cards from the Mixed Greeting Card Kit + some of the other new shop items to create a birthday card and gift for my mother-in-law.  You can find the new kit and all of the other shop items here.  

First up I wanted to use one of the cards from the Mixed Greetings Card Kit for my mother-in-law's actual birthday card.  I pulled out some sequins from the Vintage Findings Packet and stitched them to my card pieces with my sewing machine.  
 I then adhered that entire stitched piece to my card front, using a Dainty Doily as another addition to my card.
 Here's my finished card.  Very simple still but with just a few extra embellishments. If you like the look of the buttery yellow tag, those are available by themselves in the shop here.
 I love the look of vellum lately so I packaged my card into an A2 Size Vellum Envelope from the shop.  You get 10 in a packet to use on your own handmade cards.  Using a tag and the Washi from the card kit, I stamped a sentiment and adhered the tag to the vellum envelope.  Just love that look of being able to see a beautiful card inside.
 Next I was ready for the card packaging.  I used the rest of the cards from the card kit as a gift to my mother-in-law who loves my handmade cards.  I tucked them into one of the brown paper sacks that come with the kit.  I just added Large White Sacks to the shop too.  Using a strip cut from a Waxed Paper Sack, I attached it to my sack using Scor-Tape.
 Next I took about a yard of the blue-ish seam binding from the Seam Binding Trio and wrapped it around my sack.
 Next it was time for some more wrapping.  Ever wonder what to do with those Studio Calico sacks that your kits come packaged in?  Make garland.  Simply punch a bunch of circles and stitch with your sewing machine.  I had a long length on hand so it was perfect to use for my packaging.  I took some sequins from Vintage Findings Packet and stapled them onto each circle.
 I then tucked my card in the vellum envelope under the waxed paper wrapping.  I then wrapped my garland around the packaging and secured to the back with more Scor-Tape.
 And it's a wrap.  A simple little gift item that will be much appreciated....with cute packaging that can be re-gifted to another friend.  As another idea, this same packaging could be done with the Clear Card Boxes in the shop.
Hope you enjoy!  I'm off to dress Charlie up as a buffalo.  Yep, a buffalo for the Homecoming parade tonight.  We're praying for the rain to hold off so all the kids can ride on their floats.  Then it's a BBQ supper in the park with a bonfire.  Good times for my sweet reds.

4 comments:

Dawn Gross said...

Love the garland!

Waseem said...

Love the idea..I will keep it in mind and will use as i design my own Gift Card envelopes.

Melissa said...

So pretty Mish. These are just sweet.
Melis

Unknown said...

Super cute!!! Love the garland!

Related Posts with Thumbnails