April 24, 2012

Project Life Week 13, 2012

Week 13 of Project Life took for-everrr! It was either going to be completed yesterday or left in the dust. I got it done. And with April nearly gone and May on its way I am boldly reminded how these are the months that I get behind. So many fun activities but real time suckers when it comes to creative time down in the Craft Department.

Here we go. My 2 page spread. No inserts this week although I did a fun flipper insert + a pocket to accommodate some extra "stuff".
Back to school from Spring Break, more outdoor activities with the warmer weather, track meets and a tornado to boot.
Lots of blues and green this week to go with the blue skies and green grass.
My 3 x 4 journaling inserts. Charlie wondered what the heck was going on once Spring Break was over. Monday stamp is from Studio Calico. Week in Review on the right with Studio Calico good time stamp, Hero Arts letters, tag and Washi tape.
Patterned paper from Crate Paper, Washi tape from Studio Calico kit, Banana Fish Studio tag, and typed on label.
Stamps from Studio Calico set + Evalicious journaling card + Studio Calico patterned paper & letter stickers + wood asterisk. I still need to add a photo of my new Ipad in there too. I also used lots of the Dear Lizzy date stampers this week. So fun! I loved the play on words with the "I have issues" cards that shows all my magazines.
More Studio Calico stamps + Washi Tape and letters from my SC kit. Crazy temps and watching the KU basketball game with the family.
Sticker letters directly on the 4 x 6 photo insert along with a grid label that I ran through my vintage typewriter.
Pretty flowers from the grocery store transformed into pretty bouquets for the house. And I had some fun uses for the My Mind's Eye button card from the SC Versailles kit. Can you spy what I did....here and few other places? I'll show you in more detail in an upcoming post.
Jordand and her guitar. Always practicing and playing a little tune. I jotted down some of her songs she's learned on a journaling card I cut from the Studio Calico Cubicle paper. Is this awesome or what? I need like 20 more sheets of this.
And here's the most creative part of this week's spread. I made a 4 x 6 flipper for this slot. We had a tornado warning while Eric was at a school board meet 15 miles away. My tornado phobia kicked into high gear and it was a scary night. I used a 6 x 12 page protector for the top flipper part. The tap on the left is the spine of the insert that has the holes. I just snipped off enough to create a pull tab.
And here's the flipper part when opened. The top part is the back side of the above photo with small Instagram photos and journaling. For the bottom I stitched on a vellum pocket and inserted 2 sheets of text messages. Eric was texting me weather updates all evening because he had tv service where he was and we didn't because of the high winds. I used another grid label to stick on some typewriter journaling onto the pocket. I used Washi to create the fold of the two pieces.
I created another vellum pocket for this insert which all slips into the page protector slot. The two small photos are adhered to the pocket front & another photo with stamped tab and a medium tag with Josey's stats are tucked into the pocket. Chipboard button is from Banana Fish Studio.
Another insert with typed grid label and washi tape.
And lastly April Fool's Day. Josey and Jordan both had a few tricks up their sleeves.
And that's it for today. I've got a list a mile long of things to do for track meets, graduations, prom night, Mother's Day, the garden, family reunions and upcoming kits for the shop. Wow, April/May are crazy months, right?

Coming soon: Some fun ideas of how to use those My Mind's Eye button cards, a graduation card tutorial and some garden ideas for some recent junk finds. Stay tuned.

Washi tape winner announced: Please read the post below to see if you're the winner of my Washi tape give away. :)

12 comments:

Dawn Cosgrove said...

How on Earth do you get your weather photos printed? I keep taking a picture with my IPhone of the weather for my PL album, but when I go to upload it to my computer, it doesn't appear any where so that I could import it?! So frustrating!

Caroline said...

LOVE this, love the colours you used, i love how you keep it so simple but with lots of details, does that make any sense lol

lisaplus6 said...

beautiful! Can you give us some tips on taking photos of our albums? Or share your post, if you already have? Thank you, Mich!

crschaf said...

Glad you all were safe from the tornado-that is too close for comfort!! Your PL is just the best-love the way you used the MME button card flags and the pockets you made. I always learn something from your posts-thanks.

AmyBean said...

@Dawn Cosgrove -- If you use Instagram, and I think maybe Hipstamatic too, you can order prints through the app. If not, you can email the photo to yourself and download it to your computer from your email. Hope that helps!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

@AmyBean - thank you SO much!! I appreciate the tips!!

helloalissah said...

I really want to know how you printed the screen from your text chat with your husband. Did you take a picture of the screen on a regular camera?

helloalissah said...

I really want to know how you printed the screen from your text chat with your husband. Did you take a picture of the screen on a regular camera?

Carol said...

I love how you printed the text chat with your husband on the weather. Can you give details on how you did this.
Thanks for sharing. I always get so many ideas from you.

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jbuffan said...

I would love to know how you printed the texts. I have some sweet ones from my honey and my daughter that I am saving just for this reason. I am clueless.
Help?

Lisa Marie said...

I love, love, love your project life! How/where do you edit and print your instagram photos? What sizes do you use? Thanks for the help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails