March 12, 2012

Project Life Insert...journaling card uses

Good morning everyone. Hope your week is off to a good start. Today Becky Higgins is sharing lots of Creative Team inspiration at her blog.

I am sharing an insert that I made using the Design G Photo Pocket Pages. These pages are sized at 10 x 12 which I love because when inserted into my main album, the weekly pages still show from behind. Below you'll see 2 inserts that fit into 4 x 6 slots of the Design G pages. U wanted to share an additional use for the 3 x 4 journaling cards from the Clementine Core Kit. I used one journaling card for journaling on both of the inserts. For the journaling on the left I added some Ali Edwards stamps + journaling from my vintage typewriter. On the right insert I used the bottom portion of the journaling card for more stamping. It's just another fun way to add journaling to your Project Life.
Here's the front side of my 8 x 10 Design G insert. I took two small road trips this week, this first one was a trip with my folks to the city. I just snapped a few photos from our day.
The back side of the insert featured a shopping trip I took with the girls. They were so goofy this day, I just had to capture some of the funny moments.
I kept the embellishments very simple so that the photos could be front and center. I add some journaling right to the photos by using my Grid Labels that I ran through my typewriter.
Hope you're still going strong with Project Life. I'm a few weeks behind but am ready to print some photos today. I've been keeping notes of what days I take photos in my calendar so that is a big help. Any little notes and/or journaling helps tremendously when you get a little behind. I know that May has been the month the last two years where I got seriously behind with my Project Life. Track season, Spring plantings, end of school events, graduations....they all take up so much time. I am determined to keep up with my Project Life weeks though because it's so much easier to do while all the memories are fresh.

Thanks for joining me today. In other news, all orders from my shop placed through today will be shipping out today and tomorrow. It's Papertrey countdown week so be sure to check Nichole and the Design Team blogs for fun posts featuring the new products. I'll be sharing my creations from this month on the 15th. Be sure to check back before then for a fun, fun post. I'll be showing you some fun embellishments I made in preparation for this month's Papertrey projects. I spent all day yesterday working on them.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I will be so excited to get my package of goodness. Love the layouts& the goofy pictures gave me a much needed laugh this monday morning. :)

DawnM. said...

Hi! I'm new to your site, and LOVE how you do Project Life! Was wondering when you'll be getting the chevron small Bags(ORANGE & other colors) back in your Etsy shop???? Would love to get my hands on those... Thanks so Much!:)

Unknown said...

Hi there! I love how you use that smaller plastic protector so you can still see the main 12 by 12 behind it. I'll need to get some of those! I loved the pictures from your shopping trip! Looks like the kids had fun!

I am caught up with PL to this week and now I'm getting behind on purpose! I have a crop to go to in a little under 3 weeks and I need something to work on. Lol

Bevie Pearl said...

Thanks for such quick shipping on my order. :)

Anonymous said...

Mish, I just had to pop in and say "Congrats" on your fabulous layout in Creating Keepsakes magazine. Got my issue in the mail yesterday (I live is Australia) & was so excited for you!

Jo R.

Linda said...

I will have to get the 8x10 protectors, your pages look wonderful, and I bet it was nice to spend a day with your folks. I can't wait to see your PTI creations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails