August 17, 2011

Tag Tent Topper Cards

Hi there. Today I have another set of cards to show you from the August Papertrey release. I created some mini tent topper cards using tags. These will make great little cards to add to teacher treat sacks or perhaps some little thank you notes.
I used lots of stamp sets from this month's release including Tag-its #7 for the main circle image and small tag, Modern Wood Mats for the Smokey Shadow stamped image on the gray tags, and Background Basics: Houndstooth for the notched pieces behind the circles. The acorn + leaf images were colored with Copic Sketch markers.
For the base cards, I used Rustic White cardstock +the new Fall Prints & Patterns. Love the green polka dot paper, my favorite from this collection.
For accents, I used a small tag to stamp the *autumn wishes* sentiment. I threaded the strings through the hole in the gray tag and stitched over that with my sewing machine. Both the tiny white tags + 2 sizes of the gray parcel tags will be in my Etsy shop soon. Have you noticed how popular the color gray is right now? I love to use this a neutral color on my projects lately instead of the typical cream or tan.
Hope you enjoy! Have a great day everyone. The reds are in the midst of 2-a-day volleyball practices. It makes for broken up days so we're just enjoying the down time between practices. School starts next week!

Stay tuned: I'm working on some posts featuring some pieces from my Fall Mini Album Starter Kit + a fun organizational post that will feature my favorite storage item from my craft room.

6 comments:

Sudha said...

Pretty awesome work dear.

Lisa Elton said...

Love these sweet little tags Michelle! Thanks so much for continued fabulous inspiration!!!

Denise Young said...

Love these Mish...

Tinkertaylor said...

These are so cute

Jennifer McGee said...

Awesome Mish!

Kristie W. said...

Cool cards, love the tags!

Related Posts with Thumbnails