August 4, 2011

Road Trip Mini Album....altered kit items

Back with more road trip fun! Today I'm sharing a few items from the kit that I altered and embellished. Starting with an envelope that was stamped with words from Ali Edwards' Technique Tuesday stamps.....I added a map embellishment above the words + colored in some of the words with Copic markers + added a label die stamped with the word *inside*....I'll stamp the contents in the label once some goodies get stuffed inside. Splatters from October Afternoon mists add a little color to the envy.
When opened up, you can see that I used the Papertrey envelope liner die to line the envelope. I love the little details like this. Snatch up a few old maps on your next junkin' trip.
And these are my favorite altered pages from my road trip mini album. On the left I used one of the folded ledger sheets and stitched the sides to create a pocket. The vintage service station receipt was added before stitching to create the pocket top. I also stamped a small tag and stitched it to the top of the pocket page. This side will hold gas receipts we collect on our road trip.

On the right side, I included some mileage type patterned paper + added the year. Here we can keep track of our total mileage, gas mileage or any notes about vehicle stuff we incur while on our trip. Another small tag was stitched to the right page which says *our Chevy Trailblazer*. I'm going to snap an Instax shot of the vehicle so we'll know what vehicle we took on this trip. Some of our best road trip memories as a kid was riding in the old, white car. No seat belts, there was a bump on the floor of the back seat and someone was always asleep in the back window. Probably no air conditioning. We yelled because *he touched me!*. My parents threatened to *pull this car over*. And we all survived. Good times, great memories.
And this simple page features a tag that was stamped + has a handwritten title using Sharpies. A sticker from the Studio Calico sheet from the kit was stamped with *ha ha ha*. On this page, we'll add funny stuff that we heard or saw or said along the way. Speaking of funny stuff, have you been to a county fair lately? Oh. my. Lord. The people that come out of the woodwork + the stuff they wear....or don't wear....is a little scary. We'll be near Mt. Rushmore right when the Sturgis bike rally is going on. Can't wait to see that!
Here's to a great road trip, everyone. Stay tuned the rest of the week as I blog more ideas from my road trip mini album.

Twitter: If you follow me on Twitter (left hand side of the blog), I will be doing some Twitter updates along the way.

Etsy shop: I'll be leaving the shop open so orders can be placed.....however I've put a vacation notice on my front page stating that items placed between now and the 12th will not be shipped until August 13th. I've received some new items in the last few days and will be updating the shop when I return.

A big thanks to: My mom and dad for always taking care of our cats, watering the flowers and taking care of the house while we're away.

Looking forward to: Time with all my reds, a change of scenery, new adventures, new memories......and cooler temperatures!!

3 comments:

Jessica Griffin said...

Is that your handwriting? I LOVE it!! Enjoy your trip, safe travels!!

Diana F. said...

I LOVED this post. I loved seeing some pictures and descriptions of the "guts" of your travel journal. I read through this post twice to soak up some idea's and I plan to read and look through it again before the day is over. Thank you for taking the time to post this process for us, you and your projects are a wonderful inspriation.

Georgee said...

We went to Mt. Rushmore, also. It is incredible. Also almost up to the Canadian line in the mountains there and bac to Yellowstone Park (awesome!) then down to Salt Lake City and to Grand Canyon then to Tyler where my best friend and her husband live. I spent the night to recuperate but Kathy had to go into work at 2 that afternoon. Whew! I drove home and slept several days. Was a wonderful vacation, best two weeks I spent in a long. long time!!! I have lupus and neuropathy, sjogrens, gout, some frontal brain damage, etc. Praise God for friends who love you enough to take you with them on their vacation!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails