August 24, 2011

Mini File Folder Card

Hey there. My Internet has been down due to a huge fiber cable cut in the neighborhood. In the mean time we've been making progress on the girls' new lounge room.

I'm back today with some another school themed project. Did you purchase a Back to School Mini Kit from the shop? It's full of school themed items that are perfect for embellishing cards for the teachers. There's a few more left in the shop. I'll be using items from the kit later on this month in my Project Life album. Great embellishments for the first week back to school for the reds. Tomorrow is Josey's Freshman orientation for half a day and then both the reds start full days on Friday.
Today I have a fun sample project to show that showcases a few items from the kit. This fun card is for my friend Lori, the librarian at Josey's high school. Side note: See those cute Mish Mash books? I just had to take them home with me when I spied them at a church thrift sale.
Instead of using any sentiments that say *teacher*, I used more library themed accents. For the base of my card I used the large index card and folded it in half. It creates a mini file folder. Cute, right?
I took the mini silver clip and tied a *back to school* tag onto it. If you purchased a kit, this stamped tag will be taped to the tissue paper that wraps your kit. Be sure not to toss it out. :) The little tag sentiment is from Pine's Tag-its #6 stamp set. Next I used an index card accent that has been punched with a notebook paper punch and scalloped edge punch. A circle accent stamped with images from Take Note was adhered on top, along with a gold glittered star from the kit.
On the inside of the little file folder card I adhered the stamped library card from the kit. Love this stamp designed by my friend Pinecone.
I also used images from It's Official to make the card look like a real library card that has been stamped and stamped. *Mrs. Houck* was stamped with my handy dandy Hero Arts mini wooden letters. Man, I *heart* those little buggers.
I just love this little project. It's so fun to rummage through the little kit contents to see what you can come up with. Have you created a fun project with my kits? Be sure to link me up in the comments section.

Well, I'm back to The Lounge for another day of work. Today it's all about scraping 5 year old Jolly Ranchers off the floor and painting it a deep chocolate brown. Yesterday we cleared all the old toys out and painted the walls a warm mocha color. I have a feeling we are going to hang out in this room a LOT. I'm already envisioning the leather sofa, a handmade quilt, a hot cup of java and a good book. Sounds wonderful right about now.

5 comments:

KAREN said...

This is such a cute idea, mish! Love what you did to the index card, i might have to try that myself.

Lynn said...

cute idea! how fun that you found those MishMash books!

Cassy said...

very cute!
And I love it.
I admire your creativity.

Cass from Guitar Playing Tips

Tammie said...

Your blog is such an inspiration....stop by my place and see my version of your travel mini ablum. Thanks for the great ideas and projects!

Connie B said...

Did you make the mini file folders? I love this idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails