August 10, 2011

Halloween Treats & Sweets

Hey there friends. Welcome to today's Papertrey Group Post. Today it's all about Halloween, one of my favorite holidays of the year. Heather has a fun new set coming up called Halloween Treats & Sweets. Full of small and large size images + dies, perfect for creating cards, treat sacks, home decor and more.

My project for today were inspired by this photo I found on Pinterest. My chosen critter to work with for my projects was the spider image. I love this old crocheted doily that was stretched across an embroidery hoop to resemble a spider web. I have lots of these giant size doilies that come in boxes of auction linens that I never know what to do with. Problem solved. :)
{photo from Pinterest here}

My first project uses the small version of the spider from Halloween Treats & Sweets.
For the smaller sized images, there is a pumpkin shaped treat bag that can be stamped with all kinds of cute Halloween images + there are dies for things such as the spider legs. So many possibilities.
For the bottom of my card, you're getting a peek at another new stamp coming out this month + I used a Half & Half die for the sentiment. The background paper is old book print that was splattered with October Afternoon mist. My quirky little spider web was created with a Doily Details Collection die + black thread and my sewing machine. I just sewed round and round to create a spider web + I left the cut threads long to resemble more webbing. The little spider body was die cut from silver shimmer cardstock and embossed with black embossing powder.
My next project refers back to my inspiration photo from Pinterest. I have never decorated my craft room for the holidays before so I decided to see what a little Halloween decor looked like in there. I likey.
I used black tulle netting, some fake leaves, some spider webbing stuff and old witchy photos to set the Halloween mood. The bottom photos are so awesome. They look like sweet, old photos of long lost relatives...then when you turn a certain way, they turn into vampires and crazy ladies! Thanks Carmen, I will always love these!!
And here's my take on the giant spider web doily frame. I used the large stamps and dies to create this bigger spider. Same techniques I used on the card + I added some big, googly eyes. The spider hangs from some soft seam binding as she sits on the crocheted doily spider web. There's even a die for the large sized spider legs. So cute!
I love the look of my Halloween decor in my crafty space. I guess I should decorate more often since I spend so much of my time in there.
And I couldn't leave out my beloved typewriter. I added in some Halloween type paper and a few of my Halloween decorations. Fun stuff! Love vintage typewriters? Here's another cute idea to spook it up, courtesy of Pinterest.

And to get you more in the mood for Halloween, be sure to check out what the rest of the Papertrey Design Team has in store for Heather's new products:


11 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this deco looks so great!! Love the black tule there and your card is amazing!! Great spiderweb!!! Love it!
Hugs, Wendy

Sarah Martina said...

My heart is seriously going pitter patter over here! That gorgeous embroidery hoop inspiration is spot on! Love it!!!

Simply Sandy said...

Love these ideas! Love how you sewed the spider web.

Noreen said...

I like the look of the black and white card with the book page background! I enjoyed your touches of Halloween about the room.

Lynn said...

I love these decorations! the doily spider web, how clever is that (I just about threw away some wooden hoops like that, glad I didn't!) and the patterned paper in your typewriter...how cool!

Jill Norwood said...

What fun Halloween decor! Love the card you made and the great idea for a doily spiderweb! I have lots of doilies I could use for that this year! :)

Eveline said...

Great job on the Halloween decorations.
Love the spiderweb card.
Eveline.

BuyWoWAccount said...

Wow! You don't seem to be a dark person but you love Halloween. Surely because of the fun that happens with trick and treat.

Buy WoW Account

Diana F. said...

I always so love your projects and love your Halloween projects especially, probably b/c I love Haloween.
I love your take on this stamp set and really love the pictures of the decorating. Really like the typewriter with the cool paper in it, nice touch.

Manic Insomniac said...

I'm so excited for Halloween to come, I have so many ideas on how to decorate, and you've given me tons more. I love that card!

Connie Pruitt said...

Wish you would show us some Halloween ideas with your friendship jar I bought last year. Love it! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails