August 30, 2011

Gratitude Journal Update....

Hi guys. I'm back today with a new featured called Mish Mish Tuesday.....okay, just kidding. It's not a regular Tuesday feature....but I do think I'll stick with the Mish Mash Monday feature. It's a good way to post about everyday life stuff.

Today I am back though with an update to my Gratitude Journal. This is a great little kit that features over 80 pieces of pages and embellishments. Perfect to document the changing of the seasons, Fall photos, Halloween, Thanksgiving.....or just a journal to jot down your thankful thoughts.
I included a section in my journal for 2010. I did a little Fall photo shoot last year of some pretty trees and flowers and knew my Gratitude Journal would be the perfect landing spot for them.

The Gratitude Journal is 4" x 6" finished size, with lots of tags and smaller items. Since my photos are typically printed at 4" x 6" I used the photos to create the pages. I simply adhered two pages together and then punched two holes. A perfect way to add some bulk to your mini album without adding a ton of embellishments. For most of my pages, I added a smaller tag or journaling piece between two photo pages.
Here I used a Large Manila Parcel Tag as a journaling accent, adorned with a few butterfly accents.
More journaling on the back side of the tag with a few embellishments from the kit + the addition of some Washi tape.
Here, I made a smaller journaling page from patterned paper + a stamped button card for journaling.
And the backside which uses a label from the kit + more Washi tape plus a brad.
With this size of album + the beautiful photos, I don't think there needs to be a ton of embellishments. Just let the photos speak for themselves.
Here I've used a simple White Metal Rim Tag for a little bit of journaling. So many uses for these little tags, I love them.
Medium Parcel Tags like this yellow one are perfect for trying out spray mists. I added a Large White Tag by machine stitching it right to the yellow tag. I've updated my section of tags in the shop..lots of fun options for journaling and and card accents.
Here I've used a November 2010 calendar from Elle's Studio (I think) + the addition of a few accents at the bottom.
An index card is perfect for keeping your journaling nice and straight. I stitched on another Large White Tag and added an accent from the kit.
I'm going to keep my Gratitude Journal handy as I loved adding in the Fall photos. Think I'll do another Fall photo shoot this year + get some good Thanksgiving photos to add in to the 2011 section.

Side note: Little journals like this make me so glad that I scrapbook. When you're right in the midst of making current pages, you don't really think about how significant a few photos might be. It's not until later on.....like me looking at the beautiful Fall trees from last year......that you really appreciate all the photos you take and the memories you are making. I think I'm going to set out a special place to house all of my mini albums. They're just so easy and fun to thumb through.

Have you worked on your Gratitude Journal if you purchased one from the shop? I'd love to see your creations or works in progress. Just post a link in the comment section of this post. :)

11 comments:

Elizabeth V. said...

Your book is so beautiful! I have a question: do you do anything to protect your pictures (photo pages)from fingerprints and scratches? Are they in some sort of photo sleeve? Are your girls just much more kind and gentle than my kids? I love the idea of having the photos be the entire page because often the photos can and should speak for themselves. I just seem to be hung up on the thought of sticky fingers. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marci said...

*LOVE* your gratitude journal! The idea of using photos for the pages... BRILLIANT!!! Love that you always manage to come up with one great idea after another. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tracy said...

Love it!!! Makes me want to make one but my room is such a mess, I can't even fund my counter top. Quick question I kmow you have a Mac computer, do you love it? Do you have a 21 or 27 inch monitor. Pricey, but I have an iPhone and an iPad, do I "need" an iMac???? Twist my arm. Haahaha

cjgusloff57 said...

Your "Gratitude" Journal is great! You always have such neat ideas! I have some questions: do you make your covers out of chipboard...if so where do you buy that? Also the Washi tape? I want to make two albums for grandsons who are in college and I am having trouble finding both of these items. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Corrine Ann

Bobbie Lynn said...

That is a brilliant way to scrapbook. Not a lot of expensive items (use up what we already have). Love the photos and thank for sharing another way to document those wonderful memories.

Jennette Warren said...

Just luv luv luv your stuff!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

noomiy said...

looove Fall! :) great that journal coz I absolutely love Fall!!!
Have a nice day...
Hugs!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Beautiful! I love your beautiful Kansas pictures! I love the idea of picture size pages!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This is so beautiful - those photos are perfect; so full of colour and fall beauty. I love this idea! I didn't purchase one of your kits, but I am inspired to make something of me own now!

Anonymous said...

Your little journal has inspired me to do one like it. I really love spring and summer, but in Minnesota winter comes too quickly after fall. I have always had a difficult time enjoying fall since I dread winter so much. I am hoping a colorful mini photo journal will help me appreciate this fall more. Thanks for the idea! Leslie E

Related Posts with Thumbnails