August 13, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

Edited: Question: I would love to know the name and maker of the tab punch for your gratitude journal please. Answer: as stated in my blog post, the wonderful tabs are new dies that will come out this month to coordinate with the Gratitude Journal set. :)


Hi there and welcome to today's Papertrey's Group Post. Today the Design Team will be showcasing the new Gratitude Journal stamp set. Dawn designed many images in this new set to fit right onto the button card die that coordinates with Button Boutique.

For my project I've created a gratitude journal using the new Gratitude Journal stamp set + lots of bits and pieces from my stash.
My album measures 4" x 6" and is bound with 2 metal ring enclosures. For my front cover I used patterned papers, solid cardstock, a button card die stamped with images from the new set, a vintage stamp and a pretty leaf tied with a vintage button and button twine. All throughout my album, I've used this muted color scheme..so pretty for Fall photos or perhaps this years Thanksgiving dinner.
There are a few journal tab dies that coordinate with this set as well. Here I created two tabs that have the 2010 and 2011 dates on them. I have a few Fall photos from last year that I'd like to stick in this mini album + I'll have a lot of room for this years Thanksgiving dinner. The outline circle numbers are also included in this new stamp set.
Next I added in some items from stash to create the bulk of my mini album. Here I've used some index cards inked with the tea dye duo inks.
A large manila tag and a tag trio you saw in my last post.
Here I have a small envelope and a postcard I got at Stamp-a-faire.
A Fall themed recipe card will be perfect for jotting down a newly acquired recipe or perhaps an old family favorite. I've got lots more pages that are just solid cardstock, patterned papers, more envelopes, tags, etc.
And now onto the embellishments I will add to my album once I get some photos. Here I have an assortment of stamped and die cut tags and tabs, and some snippets of ribbon.
For this ledger looking accent I used a piece from the It's Official paper collection + I stuck on a stamped, white mailing label. A little stitched on ric rac and a vintage wallpaper circle with tied button finish off the embellishment.
Here are more of the embellishments you saw in my last post that feature Pine's new Fillable Frames Additions 2 stamp set and coordinating frame dies.
Button card embellishments will be perfect to add to my gratitude journal. You can add the button card to one page and then a photo or journaling to the opposite side. Here I've used the Signature Series: Butterfly die, spray mist splatters, a strip of cork, a stamp from Gratitude Journal, a tied button + the new Houndstooth set from Maile.
The Gratitude Journal set also includes this stamp image that is a series of wide lines. You can stamp it right across a Button Card die or get a little creative like I did and stamp several of the lines in various colors onto cardstock.
Use your paper trimmer to trim the images into strips. Then cut notches at the ends of the strips to create little flags. Stitch or staple these to your embellishments like I did below.
Here I've created a few fun tag embellishments by using some circle punches, the pinked square from the Button Card die collection, a yellow tag and some little white hang tags. Adhere these to the journal pages where a little extra embellishment is needed.
And finally I created little collection of small embellishments to add to my pages. Using various punches and dies, it's easy to create layered accents to adhere over photos, journaling cards, etc. Just reach into your stash and see what you can come up with. That's really the fun part about creating a mini album.
I'll be tucking my mini album away for a bit but when I get my photos this Fall I'll be sure to share my album when I get to working on it. Hope you enjoy!

If you'd like to see more Gratitude Journal inspiration be sure to check out Nichole's + the Design Team girls' blogs here:


21 comments:

kolleen said...

I would love to know the name and maker of the tab punch for your gratitude journal please. Kolleenmoss@aol.com

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love it! It's totally fabulous! Have a wonderful Sunday! Angie xo

Jill Norwood said...

Michelle - this is brilliant! I love the way you combine items to make them shine! I also just love the idea of a gratitude journal or mini - especially for the coming thanksgiving season.

Gina said...

What a fabulous mini album!!! I love all the little touches you put in it to make it special, how you combine bits of the set with other things. And I *love* those grunged up index cards!!! (my love for all things "office-y")

StampingbugKerry said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous. Love the colors and the variety of paper selections. Index cards...um, genius! Love all the little handmade embellies that will be used at a later date...FABULOUS! Can't wait to see some finished pages. Kerry

Anonymous said...

Love this journal Mish! The embellishments are so cool. I love your style!

Sudha said...

Wow totally fabulous creation.

Gabby said...

GREAT start for your journal! Very neat bits and pieces. Can't wait to see them put together! :)

Linda said...

Oh Michelle, i have a huge craft crush on you, i love how you layer and layer and layer and it all looks so perfect and mixy matchy and how you incorporate old dies and stamps. I am in awe.

Anita Dupps said...

i can see your at it once again... trying to twist my creative brain into hitting that. "IWIA" button over at PTI. you should be so proud, you're quite the enabler LOL thanks for your inspiration once again. Have a great week & keep those creative juices flowing. Hugs from Kentucky

Unknown said...

Can I say GORGEOUS?! one more time?! I feel like I say that about all your work. But it can't be denied, you really do know how to make some GORGEOUS things!:)

creativearts said...

Fabulous fall album! I like the idea of a fall album and not just halloween. You could include pics of your fall blooming flowers, halloween, Thanksgiving all in one album. My question is: What is the leaf made of on the front? Is it felt?

Bobbie Lynn said...

Adorable little books. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You have been a wonderful inspiration for me since you started sharing you mini books. Thanks so much! I can't wait to start my own gratitude journal.

Diana F. said...

Wow, love all the detail. You do such a wonderful job of putting colors together.
My plan is to stay up late tonight and place my PTI order (this set included) and make a few cards today and work some more on the travel journal I ordered from you, all fun stuff.

Lynn said...

I love all the little accent pieces. thanks for the inspiration! this set is a must-have for me!

Wendy ten Hove said...

I love all the natural colors! So pretty!
Hugs, Wendy

buy wow account said...

OH my! i super love this one.. wonderful!=D

Konnie with a K said...

this is awesome! I am not sure why I have not visited your site before, but I am so glad that I found you! I love mini albums and cannot wait to make one of these. I especially like how detailed you are!

Kari D said...

I am not a scrapbooker...but these embellishments and pages have almost turned me! WHAT A WONDERFUL project and how amazing it will be once the pictures and journaling are added. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing....and providing 'tutorial' tips and hints to make it seem doable...even for a novice like me!

listgirl said...

Michelle, I'm a new follower of your blog. I just love your creativity and all the beautiful things you make. The travel journal series was the most awesome ever, and now this gratitude journal. You really rock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails